Playing squash can be fun and thrilling, but there are possible damages that can occur when a person is not protected against possible dangers. The eyes should be protected against the possibility of being hit by a ball or the squash racket. Most venues and associations would require players to wear eye goggles whenever they play.
Since there are various squash goggles available today, which squash goggle is the best value for your money?
Best Squash Goggles: Product Review
Dunlop Sports I-Armor Protective Eyewear
When a squash goggle has been approved by the World Squash Federation, you can expect nothing short of perfection. It is designed with a polycarbonate shatterproof lens, a flexible rubberized arm and each purchase also comes with a strap and a microfiber cloth bag that is suitable for cleaning the lens after each game.
It is also engineered with a contoured lens shape for peripheral vision and ergonomic profile for extra stability and a non-slip nose piece to guarantee comfort during the games. It is slow to attracting fog, but it does not eliminate the fog buildup completely. However, the Dunlop Sport I-Armor Protective Eyewear is extremely durable, stable, and effective in protecting the user during games.
- Polycarbonate shatterproof lens and flexible rubberized arms
- With a strap and a microfiber cloth bag that is suitable for cleaning the lens after each game
- Contoured lens shape for peripheral vision and ergonomic profile for extra stability
- Non-slip nosepiece to guarantee comfort and control during games
- Does not completely eliminate fog buildup
The Dunlop Sport I-Armor Protective Eyewear is the squash goggle that provides the best value for money. It is extremely effective and efficient to use and it maximizes the player’s performance during the games.
HEAD Impulse Protective Eyewear
The first squash goggle on this list is the HEAD Impulse Protective Eyewear which is an ultra lightweight goggle with a hinged-style around the head temples for improved comfort. It is also made of shatterproof polycarbonate lens that ensures the durability of the product and safety of the user. The polycarbonate lens also minimizes instances of distortion, but it does not completely eliminate distortion of sight.
Since fogs can have a negative effect on the player’s efficiency during games, HEAD has tried adding in an anti-fog treatment system. However, this does not guarantee that the fog can be eliminated completely. Moreover, it comes with a goggle-style one piece lens that enables maximum protection for the player and it has an adjustable slip-on strap that is able to hold the HEAD eyewear in place during games.
- Hinged-style around the head temples for improved comfort
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lens ensures durability, safety, and reduces distortion of sight
- Goggle-style one piece lens that enables maximum protection for the player
- With an adjustable slip-on strap that is able to hold the eyewear in place during games
- Slightly distorts sight
The HEAD Impulse Protective Eyewear is an extremely cheap squash goggles and the user should only expect to get their money’s worth. It is not of great quality because it can distort the sight of the user and the user needs to clear out the fog buildup.
Tecnifibre Absolute Squash Eyewear
The Tecnifibre Absolute Squash Eyewear is a mid-priced squash goggle that has curved side arms with rubber grip pads that properly holds the frame in position. It is also made with a vented shield which allows for maximum air flow to minimize cases of fogging.
Similar to most squash goggles, it has shatterproof polycarbonate lens to maximize the performance of the goggles during the games as it comes with an anti-scratch and anti-fog coating. It is engineered with an impact resistant nylon frame and each purchase is complete with a microfiber cleaning and storage pouch.
However, the potential user of the goggles must be warned that it can be tight around the ear area, especially when the player has a wider head. In addition to this, the fit of the Tecnifibre Absolute is loose along the nose and it can cause instability during games.
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lens maximizes performance during games due to the anti-scratch and anti-fog coating
- With a micro fiber cleaning and storage pouch for easy portability
- Impact resistant nylon frame with curved side arms that comes with rubber grip pads that properly holds the frame in position
- Vented shield which allows for maximum air flow to minimize cases of fogging
- Tight around the ears
- Loose around the nose
The Tecnifibre Absolute Squash Eyewear is an excellent squash goggle that enables the player to enjoy the game to its full potential. However, it is not a one-size-fits-all goggle since it can be distracting for those who can’t fit well into the goggles.
Head Master Protective Goggles
Another cheap squash goggles from HEAD is the HEAD Master Protective Goggles which feature the same distortion free shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses that is common among other HEAD Squash goggles. It also comes with a vented wraparound design that allows for a more efficient air flow and it also has an anti-fog treated lenses.
There is also a molded nose bridge with rubber padding that is able to absorb shock and in turn, provides ultimate comfort for the user. It is also designed with an adjustable elastic strap that holds the eyewear properly while the user plays. However, it is very prone to minimal fog buildup and the nose guard fall off rather easily.
- Distortion free shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses
- Vented wraparound design that allows for a more efficient air flow
- Molded nose bridge with rubber padding that is able to absorb shock and provides comfort
- Anti-fog treated lenses
- Prone to minimal fog buildup
- Nose piece falls easily
The HEAD Master Protective Goggles delivers improved quality over other HEAD squash goggles as it has been able to reduce cases of fog buildup. It might not be an infallible unit, but it allows the user to maximize their money’s worth.
HEAD Power Zone Shield Protective Eyewear
The HEAD PowerZone Shield Protective Eyewear is another squash goggles from the HEAD Eyewear line since it comes with a curved distortion free polycarbonate lens. It also comes with an anti-scratch and anti-fog treated lenses and a vented lens design that provides sufficient airflow for additional fog protection.
It also has a lightweight impact resistant frame and a shock absorbent brow bridge. This model is an adjustable unit as it comes with adjustable temples with rubber inlays provides a comfortable fit and an adjustable clip-on elastic strap that holds the eyewear in place as you play. Each purchase also comes with a high quality lens cleaning bag. However, it is not as durable against strong impacts.
- Curved distortion free polycarbonate lens and a vented lens that decreases fog buildup
- Anti-scratch and anti-fog treated lenses
- Lightweight impact resistant frame and a shock absorbent brow bridge
- Not durable against strong impact
The HEAD PowerZone Shield Protective Eyewear delivers excellent quality and supreme performance at a very reasonable price. It is best for beginners who do not play the game competitively and are less prone against a strong impact.
HEAD Rave Protective Eyewear
Another eyewear from HEAD is the Rave Protective Eyewear which is designed with a stylish lightweight impact resistant frame and the much needed distortion-free polycarbonate lenses. It comes with lenses that have been treated for anti-scratch. It also comes with a soft and comfortable non-slip nose piece that provides more stability for the user during games.
For added stability, it comes with a rubber inlay in the end of temples for improved stability. It also comes with an adjustable elastic strap that is able to hold the Rave Protective goggles in place during play. This model is extremely cheap, but it is still bundled with a high quality lens cleaning bag. However, there is a large issue when it comes to the fog buildup as it fogs up rapidly and frequently.
- Extremely stable due to the rubber inlay and the non-slip nose piece
- Anti-scratch treated lenses
- Rubber inlay around the end of the temples for improved stability
- Adjustable elastic strap that holds the Rave Protective goggles in place during play
- Frequent fog buildup provides distraction as you play
The Rave Protective Eyewear is not recommended for serious players who want lesser distractions as they play since this goggle has some serious case of fog buildup.
Harrow Radar Eyewear
The Harrow Radar Eyewear is another squash goggles with open vents on top of the lenses that reduces cases of fog buildup.
It is a lightweight vented eyewear that comes in a sporty design, but it is also one of the most expensive squash goggles on this list. However, it distorts the sight of the player during games.
They are also durable and can protect the user against strong impact. In addition to this, each purchase comes with a soft, lens friendly microfiber storage/cleaning bag and the soft carry case with a carry loop.
- Reduces fog buildup
- Soft, lens friendly microfiber storage/cleaning bag
- Soft carry case with a carry loop
- Lightweight vented eyewear that comes in a sporty design
- Distorts the sight
The Harrow Radar Eyewear is an expensive squash goggle that appears to be of great use during the game. However, the user might not be able to maximize their performance during games if they use this model as it can distort the sight of the player.